I woke up this morning seeing this bouquet of red roses. Six of them. Hubby is getting a little more romantic in recent years.
I asked, "Why six, not seven?"
He could not answer! I googled and found that -
Six roses means "I wanna be yours."
Seven roses means "I am infatuated with you."
Here is an interesting read -
Meaning of Roses
"Oh the roses are so lovely– thank you so much, dear. So why did you give me fifteen stalks?" the girl asks. "Huh? Hmm– well just thought the bouquet look nice with fifteen." Ha you just got yourself shoot!
The meaning of roses: the color of roses; the number of roses each has got their meaning. Do you know that 11 roses represent "You are my treasured one; the one I love most in my life" whereas 15 roses represent "I am truly sorry, please forgive me"? Now isn't that a total twist of the meaning for the roses you gave? What had meant to be a message of love has just turned into a message of apology; implying you was guilty of something?
Before you try to impress that someone with that bouquet of roses, make sure you know the meaning behind it, the meaning of roses; what the number of roses represent.
Send red roses to convey the message of your passionate love for that someone; saying "I love you"
Happy Valentine's Day!
16 comments:
Your hubby really romatic!
Happy Valentine to u.
the safest is one rose - meaning "you are the only ONE for me."
everything else said about it is not relevant to me.
happy valentine's!
Happy Valentine's.
Maybe the florist's bouquet only comes in multiples of half dozen.
Isnt it nice that he is still so romantic after all these years?
Say it with roses...that's very very true...
I agree with Doc. One is really good enough but you got SIX!! Six times more...to me.
I am sure it was a nice Valentine's Day for you.
Cheers.
Your hubby's getting more romantic with age? I forgot all abt it until Mrs BB reminded nme about it.. oops. By then it was oledi too late. The CNY thingy kept my mind busy
awww... what do you know?! Just when you least expected it, he go and do something like this. ;D
CH Voon,
Oh yes, more than that - a box of chocolates came together!
doc,
One only? A little lonely :)
But that saves a lot of money!
Too late for Valentine's Day wish - but not too late for Blessed New Year!
SAHM,
Yes, even the children notice that. Rachel said to me the other night, "I find that you and pa-pa are getting more romantic. Look at the way he talks to you - it's so sweet and gentle."
Hubby has never been a romantic person, until recent years.
Sarawakiana,
Yes, it was a nice valentine day with all the fire crackers! It's the "illegal" that made it exciting, may be. But, certainly, no- no to "illegal" romance! LOL.
Hope you had a nice one too!
Bengbeng,
I did not give a gift to hubby too. Probably, I am less romantic as years go by :)
JoMel,
I thought I was in a dream with a bouquet on the bedside table when I opened my eyes. He..he...
Wow! He must have missed you so very much...all the time when you were in KK, Kuching...not at home. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder! LOL!!!
Your hubby is so sweet. You sure feel the love now. :)
I melt at the sight of roses. *sigh* I can't help it. Ask my twin. You'll know we're both such hopeless romantics ;-) We get even more fuzzy wuzzy inside when we get a bunch. *grin*
You lucky lucky gal. :-)
Post a Comment