But it was all not too bad, in between, I had a chance to go back to Sibu to sleep for a night because the flight from Kota Kinabalu to Bintulu was cancelled and the next available flight would not be able to bring me to Bintulu in time for my event! I did a de-tour - from Kota Kinabalu to Sibu (that is one and half hour) arriving home at 10 pm, then the next morning leaving for airport at 6 am for Bintulu (35 minutes' flight).
I only got to say "Hi" to Chris though!
Just some pictures - none of them taken by me anyway. I did not bring my camera along.
We arrived on Thursday (28th Feb) which marked the 100th day of the President's second term. The authorities earlier estimated that 40,000, spread out into groups in spots including the State Palace, the vice presidential palace, the finance ministry, Hotel Indonesia traffic circle, the House of Representatives' building and the Corruption Eradication Commission.
However, the rallies fell flat with low turnout. Only around 7000 turned The protesters criticized the government for failing to satisfactorily execute the 100-day programmes. They demanded that Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono prove his commitment to eradicating corruption, starting with the legal conclusion of the Bank Century scandal.
The local Jakarta Post reported that the demonstrators comprised not only idealist students, but also housewives and professionals who helped provide transport and food packages. But there were also "professional demonstrators" who acknowledged that they could make good use of the Rp 25,000 (that's less than RM10) they were given for the lively stroll around the Palace.
Of course, I saw more than a dog and a demo in Jakarta. However, just a little more which I shall blog another day another time!
That's about it for the time being - I still have two more stations to present. The last stop is Sibu on the 10th when I shall stay on after Chinese New Year...
14 comments:
Wow, this is fun @ work!
ilene,
Yes, fun@work!
Interesting time at Jakarta!!
Good report..I like the human touch in the dog photo....is there such an expression?
or there is a nice canine touch in your story....hehehehe
Will be back in Sibu 1st day of CNY - night. Hope to catch up with you...and Rachel.
Enjoy while it last! Most of us SAHM would love to be in your shoes!
Wow, Yan.. you really amaze me! Travelling here and there, constantly on your feet. You life is definitely enriching beyond words. :) I hope you'll have a good 9-day break soon! :)
Sarawakiana,
I dare not "own" a dog. I almost mused that I don't even have time to take care of myself, what more to say taking care of a pet!
So, that's it - touch and go!
suituapui,
Sure, we shall meet - your home or my home! Rachel will go to Australia on the 18th while I go to Kuching on the same day.
If not for her one week's stay here in Kuching running errands for me after my eye surgery, I would only see her when I am back home on the 9th! What a mother!
iml,
Too much of the travelling means many backloads of works. But thanks to blackberry or the laptop!
JoMel,
Not 9 days, effectively only three days! I still got work to do in Sibu Office. But, it's home that makes the difference. He..he..
But I know this year - no baking, whether cookies or cake! And the 10 perfect dish? I think MIL will manage the kitchen!
Benghui said he wanted to meet you during the CNY. hope it comes true one way or another :)
Sure, bengbeng, please do drop by. You still have my telephone number? I have yours.
最近,一班老同学都在讨论King Tong在初三娶媳妇的事。在冯球记酒楼。他也希望那是一个聚会。不知你能否来一趟?有多久没来参加同学会了?
新年快乐!
Zhang Zhu, could not make it again! Hope the old classmates will enjoy the gathering. And congratulations to Ah-king-lao on his promotion - soon to be grandpa!
Post a Comment