An ex-staff in Sabah (but he is a Sarawakian, what a shame!) posted in his blog's comment that I am "pretty shrewd". He posted a "quiz" on "who's who" in my organization. He also put my photograph and invited people to comment. I know there are more "hated messages" in the days that follow as he promised his "readers" of more stories after the Chinese New Year.
I am thankful to the Lord's protection and wisdom that I did not fall into his evil traps of sending me many personal SMSes and emails when he first joined my company. Unsuccessful in getting his way, he wrote me an email that amounted to a threat. Yes, his service was terminated after a domestic inquiry conducted by an ex-judge.
I am only human, I feel bad being called "shrewd".
As my Kapit fish is in the streamer, I googled a Christian site on the word "shrewd", and the Lord has this to tell me on new year eve -
I am thankful to the Lord's protection and wisdom that I did not fall into his evil traps of sending me many personal SMSes and emails when he first joined my company. Unsuccessful in getting his way, he wrote me an email that amounted to a threat. Yes, his service was terminated after a domestic inquiry conducted by an ex-judge.
I am only human, I feel bad being called "shrewd".
As my Kapit fish is in the streamer, I googled a Christian site on the word "shrewd", and the Lord has this to tell me on new year eve -
In the story of the Gibeonites, David went back and corrected something that happened under King Saul. As Saul's heir to the throne he had to set it straight. Second Samuel 22:26-27 reproduces the text of Psalm 18, in which David sings:
"To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd."
David says that God will be to you what you are to Him. If you are open and honest with Him, God will be open and honest with you. If you are crooked and deceitful toward God, He will cause all your circumstances to deceive you and lie to you. If you are pure in heart, you will discover that God brings more of His beauty, purity, and perfection into you own heart and soul. That is what Paul cries out for in Philippians when he says, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me” (Phil. 3:12).
3 comments:
Yan, I can never see you as being "shrewd"! You are the kindest, nicest, sweetest, God-fearing person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Your predicament reminds me of exactly what I am going through now with you-know-who. It hurts so badly to be misunderstood, not by the culprit responsible for the name-calling and reputation-bashing, but by those who believe him/her.
You have left encouraging words for me when I needed them most, and I'd like to do the same for you. I believe that as long as your conscience is clear, one day, the truth shall prevail! I cannot believe that this person can sleep well at night. If he can, perhaps he has a psychiatric problem, in which case, we definitely cannot hold his actions against him, but instead, we should take pity on him. What say you, Yan?
Have a good celebration. Wishing you a year filled with happiness, success, and good health.
As long as our conscience is clear, we cannot control what others want to say of us. we will be judged by God on the last day and thats all that matters. I know exactly what you mean, and just live and let live. If we are going to let that affect us, we are going to be miserable. Lets hope that Those that really know us better will put those in their places. God Bless, and have a happy new year!
Happy Valentine to you :)
Post a Comment