I was sharing with a learned professor on what's becoming of our society, he said, "This indicates that the system is breaking down."
I beg to differ. God unfolds to Prophet Jeremiah the root cause to the miseries, heartaches and injustice and evils in life. In the book of Jeremiah we watch the death of a nation. The Kingdom of Judah was slowly falling apart under the infection of evils which had spread across the land, from the King all the way down to the common people.
In just two lines, God unfolds,
The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately corrupt. (Jeremiah 17:9a)
We know how deceitful our heart can be. It is clever. It is crafty. It can always appear one way when it is quite another! I confess, I am guilty of that often.
And how corrupt are our hearts? A major surgery performed by the best heart surgeon would not save the diseased heart! I was sharing with a friend yesterday on her heart surgery some few years back. She said that the surgeon gave her a 99 percent recovery, while asking her to ignore the 1 percent uncertainty. Still, there is one per cent of uncertainty with the best surgeon!
Indeed, no system of government, of philosophy, of psychology, of education, will ever serve to eliminate the wrongful, evil failing of the human hearts!
And,
Who can understand? (Jeremiah 17:9b)
God's solution?
I the Lord search the mind and try the heart,
to give to every man according to his ways,
according to the fruit of his doings." (Jeremiah 17:10)
We reap what we sow. That will be another story, another day.
2 comments:
isn't the breakdown of the system a result of your own deceitful & corrupt hearts & minds?
Hi, doc,
We either believe this verse - that the heart is deceitful and corrupt and allow God to provide a way for us to be delivered from this nature, or we deny it and think it's not true, man is basically good.
The systems of philosophy, of education, of legislation will be determined by which side we take.
Sounds equal to what you said.
But, there is a way out!
Post a Comment