Sunday, March 29, 2009

Delighted!

A trip to Kapit is always a delight.


Yes, here I am again!




It's about the express boat journey where you see, smell, hear, feel, touch and enjoy God's creation.






It's about the people who are so simple and contended.

It's about the food, simple yet satisfying.

It's about the fish, so fresh and sweet!

I am always loaded with happy feelings back home!

17 comments:

Constance Chan said...

that reminds me of how simple life is, but we just complicate our lives..

suituapui said...

I love Kanowit... And btw, thanks so much for the fish!!! They're super yummy!!! I owe u...

iml said...

Heard of Kapit from a girlfriend who used to live there. So much to see and learn there. Must take a trip to the East one day.

Superman said...

Is that a tapah fish? I love the fish. Taste nice if steam or cooked with curry. Your hometown Kapit? Been a year since I was there. Ate a bak ding fish there and that is the best and very fresh. The meat is so sweet. Missed it.
Nice photos you've got there. enjoy your trip.

doc said...

it might surprise you that i've actually been to Kapit - in 1984 to accompany a patient from Penang via KL/Kuching/Sibu. he owns a coffee shop near the jetty. maybe you know him???

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Lovely pictures.You have captured some exceptional images and I am waiting for more!!

Always good to read your articles.

Yan said...

constance,

Simplify our lives - sort of easier said than done! Sigh..Sigh..

Yan said...

suituapui,

Kanowit? I stayed there for some years, I remember the jetty where my mum and I sat to watch the sunset. I remember the big fire that burnt down dad's shop. After that big fire, we left the small town... That much I remember about Kanowit.

The fish? Just by-the-way thing lah! That's call "friendship". Next time, I ask you to go to the wharf to pick up. It was quite heavy to carry the load from wharf. He..he..

Yan said...

iml,

If you are travelling "east", please drop me a mail - I shall be there welcoming you the Sibu way or even the Kapit way :)

Yan said...

superman,

You are a really "fish" person. I bought four types of wish back - Patin, Lajong and Dapa. By the time I reached home, I don't know which is which for these three types that belong to the same family. Of course, I can recognise Semah which is a different family.

No, Kapit is not my hometown. I went on a business trip.

Yan said...

doc,

It's a small world, indeed. I am not sure you did not see what I saw on that trip with full attention on the patient!

Next time don't go "downunder", travel "east" for a more primitive trip :)

Yan said...

Sarawakiana,

Guess James is back from Singapore. Going to send you the Gold Book, probably today!

Glad that you like the pictures!

doc said...

yan,

i've been thinking of going to Kuching/Sibu. maybe you can give some travel tips?

Bengbeng said...

it would b cool for doc to join us. At the moment he is somewhere down under i believe. I think I know the coffee shop he refers to.

Yan said...

doc,

Bengbeng also welcomes you to the East! You could travel KL/Kuching and for a stop of two days should be able to see the attractions there. Then catch a flight from Kuching/Sibu (half an hour). Highly recommended for you to travel Kapit and onto Pelagus Resort to stay a night. Back to Sibu again. And you know, Bengbeng and me welcome you and sure to bring you around!

Bengbeng, any other suggestion?

Bengbeng said...

i am sure we will be able to take care of doc somehow or other :)

Lots of food of coz :) n of coz some sightseing.

iml said...

:) ThankQ