Monday, November 24, 2008

The Tree

I would probably be taking a blogging break! (but who knows, blogging has become a part of life, especially the "blog-friendship" I have in you!) Not for that Christmas shopping, but many things to do in works! I can't say to wait after Christmas! I am heading to that "big city" in the West today for a week, then to another "city" in the East the following week. In between, I am catching up a holiday with two children. Rachel needs one to de-stress from the exam, and also she has "wings" to fly soon, very soon for her dreams! Well, I am learning to "let go".

This Vietnamese girl who is handicapped touched my heart, like many other Vietnamese women.
They bring a sense of place, focus, devotion and emotional energy that keeps the flame of faith burning..

Last year, a dear friend sent me this Christmas message. I think it’s for all year round -

Pray before you plunge into the packages. As you look at the Christmas tree, remember THE TREE. (Galatians 3:13) When you see the lights, remember THE LIGHT. (John 8:12) And when you look at all the gifts, remember THE GIFT. (John 3:16) Have a blessed year ahead!

Galatians 3:13-
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written. “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count our blessings! Always give praise and thanks. Only when we see how they live in the other countries and all they have gone and are going through will we realise that we are truly blessed in our own coutry, warts and all!

I always had the Star at the top of my tree...the one that led the shepherds and the Three Wise Men to baby Jesus. Too lazy to put up the tree now...Old liao! LOL!!!

Constance Chan said...

have a good rest from blogging, Yan. and a good time with close friends, relatives and a wonderful holiday.

will miss your posts but will come by for some motivation definitely.

just me said...

yan, have a blessed and meaningful christmas.

Just take a break and continue blogging if you can, ok?

Ps 20 v 1 - 4

I Am Sarawakiana said...

It is a great message....have a good Christmas break.

Letting go is hard to do.