In the beauty and nature of the Mekong River,
Mai eliminates some of the ever present shyness and inhibitions of Vietnamese women. She paddled us in a sampan as she greeted her friends with laughter and sang along with our tour guide happily. Vietnam language seems more sung than being said! The words were such a delight to the heart and ears!
The tour guide told me
Mai earned VND5,000 a day to paddle tourists around. When I wrote this, I thought could it be only RM1 a day or I could have listened wrongly, it was VND50,000 (RM10)? Whether it's 5K or 50K,
Mai shows how happy and contended with what she is doing!
Cruising on a sampan through the narrow, tree-lined canals with water coconut palms, observing the daily activities of the local people was part of the Mekong Trip. The pleasant encounter with
Mai had certainly delighted us!



The bus took us away from the bustling city to My Tho, one of the province of Mekong Delta. There, we boarded a motorized boat cruise cross Mekong river.

Cruising along Mekong brought many memories of my childhood days spent at our very own magnificent Rejang River. Yes, there is a river of life flowing out .....

We stopped at Ben Tre where we experienced some activities of Vietnamese daily life and their dependence on the river. Handicrafts, souvenirs made from coco wood, candies from coconuts, bananas and durians.
I even enjoyed some traditional music with the local people...

And I did not think I could even had a half an hour bicycle ride around village! Well, I did ride like a school girl, you will agree!

Mai's happy heart reminded me as I cycled -
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. - E.E. Cummings
11 comments:
Mai, my, my ... you ARE really having a good time. Good for you!
A peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city
Do pass your itinerary to other church sisters...this getaway is very tempting indeed...
Care to share? Send us by email.
fishtail,
How was your cruise? Glad to hear from you! You must have had a great time too!
iml,
Yes, it was a great hideaway! But time passed too fast! I am already planning for the next getaway! Watch this space :)
sarawakiana,
Would love to share! Will do so soon!
印象中越南女性都很修长,许是她们服装的关系?
tumi,
未去越南时,朋友说,越南没有胖女人。不是没有胖女人,而是胖女人不多!越南女人的腰很长,很美。除了服装,我看先天也有关系吧!
How carefree, that ride on the bike! Glad you had a great time!
bp,
Yes it was a great holiday. Economical and we only had each other to depend on. So we just had to hold hands. He..he..
bp,
Yes it was a great holiday. Economical and we only had each other to depend on. So we just had to hold hands. He..he..
Post a Comment