Monday, May 10, 2010

Sibu By-Election

I am back to Sibu, my real home, for a week - say for the by-election thing. My church is as concerned and we are given this list of things to pray for during the week. I really think it covers almost all!

1. Pray for peace and harmony to prevail during this coming week of campaigning. Ask the Lord to restrain the evil one that during this coming week of campaigning there will be no foul play, cheating, negativity and violence. Keep the candidates, the ceramahs and the media safe from very kind of harm.

Pray against the work of the evil one - it is easy to get wrapped up in the negative, in fault-finding, criticism, slander, malice and contentiousness.

2. Truth in all forms of the media and our ability to see through lies and deception. Ask God that truth, fair reporting and honesty be found in the different forms of the media.

3. Excellent voter turnout next Sunday. Pray that the voters in Sibu will be willing to get involved in the upcoming by-election, resisting complacency and passivity. Let each one know the value of his or her vote, and let each one exercise their privilege with diligence and faith.

4. Ask God that a God-fearing and righteous leader to be elected. And that their tenure be as welcome as the light of morning at sunrise and like the brightness after rain that brings greet grass tot he earth. Pray that God would not allow any wicked persons to gain public office, but only those who will honour Him.

5. Discernment for the electorate - it is easy for us to lose sight of qualities of good judgment and discernment. We are often swayed by what we read and hear and there are even some who would use religion.



11 comments:

CH Voon said...

i hope all Sibu people come out to vote wisely.

Good Luck!

zewt said...

after HS, hard to place any hope in Sibu... but with God, I suppose anything is possible.

doc said...

is blood thicker than water?

Yan said...

CH Voon,

That's prayer item 3!

Yan said...

zewt,

Amen to with God everything is possible!

Yan said...

doc,

Blood is thicker than water - universal truth, and medically or scientifically correct too? Is it politically correct?

I don't have a vote in hand anyway. Praying hands I have!

suituapui said...

Why don't you have a vote? You're registered in another constituency?
I will be voting...

doc said...

blood IS thicker than water - only if it's the right thing to do.

Yan said...

STP,

Yes, I am registered in another constituency. I used to stay in Lanang area and went to polling station with my late mum. I still like to walk down memory lane every time I vote!

Yan said...

doc,

Amen!

Ensurai said...

Do the right thing.Do the wise thing.Everything is possible with God.