Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If "kampua" can talk

(This is put up by BN. PR asked people to vote for change. The message here is after change, it's no more kampua, support BN for original taste and ingredients. Kampua is one of the specialties in Sibu. Of course with religious issue in smaller prints.)

If "kampua" can talk, what will it say in the Sibu By-Election?

Many years ago, I bought a book titled “You’re born an original, don’t die a copy”. It was authored by John. L. Mason.

The alphabets for originality are -

A for Attitude
B for Believer
C for character
D for decisive
E for effort
F for fearless
G for gratitude
H for honesty
I for ideas
J for joy
K for kind-hearted
L Leadership
M for merciful
N for nonconformity
O for objective
P for pray
Q for quiet-time
R for responsibility
S for sensitivity
T for tenacity
U for unhesitating
V for vigilant
W for wholehearted
X for e(x)ceptional
Y for yielded and
Z for zealous!

Phew! Looking for this original person to represent you?

The author ended with “A Final Word” and I think it fits in well for the voters casting their votes on Sunday -

Be the original person God intended you to be.
Don’t settle for anything less.
Don’t look back.
Look forward and decide today to take steps towards His plan for your life.

And remember 1 Thess 5:24 that says,
“Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”

6 comments:

Ensurai said...

Hi there....I put up a posting on the same poster before I read yous!!

I love the poster for so many reasons....

cheers. Were you in Sibu?

doc said...

looking back seems to denote either lack of faith (eg. israelites as they were pursued by egyptian army) or disobedience (Lot's wife), both of which are attributes that don't bode well for the believer.

will the voters in sibu do the same?

Jo said...

If kampua can talk, it will say, "EAT ME!"

Hehe.. just kidding. :D

That's exactly how I want to live my life. I want to be an original, and not live by anyone's standard and by what they think I should be! :)

CH Voon said...

yes, Kampua is very famous in Sibu.

very creative! hehehe

suituapui said...

And the other side is also using kampua to try and prove a point:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.themalaysianinsider.com%2Fmalaysia%2Farticle%2Fdap-man-eats-kampua-to-debunk-islamic-state-fears%2F%23When%3A12%3A58%3A16Z&h=cf5a9

I'm not into this politics stuff but isn't he contradicting himself? First, he propagates change...and next minute, he wants 'to show his commitment to defend “the Sibu way of life”.'

Superman said...

Think the SUPP guys running out of ideas and they need younger minds for their campaigning. Can put Kampua in for the election. Sigh...