Wednesday, October 21, 2009

That still small voice

This Psalms speaks the situation I was caught in today -

Be not silent, O God of my praise!
For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me,
speaking against me with lying tongues.
They beset me with words of hate,
and attack me without cause.
In return for my love they accuse me,
even as I make prayer for them.
So they reward me evil for good,
and hatred for my love. (Psalms 109:1-5 RSV)

But, the Lord always speaks, whether in still small voice or through someone else!

This landed in my email today. Someone has beautifully expressed this way:

When you are neglected or snubbed or insulted, and you're able to thank God for the experience, accepting it as allowed by him for your spiritual development, that is victory.

When you are slandered and your motives are impugned and you do not complain but receive it in love and as a measure of the filling up of that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ -- that is victory.

3 comments:

Superman said...

We all should learn from our experiences. Like what people used to say, "You need to thank your enemies".

Ensurai said...

When I am snubbed or otherwise I put this vision in front of me : Christ and the lashes on his body and the crown of thorns on his head.

But ouch...to be human and to be hurt...it is indeed painful.

And then I turn the other cheek...

I wish for myself always that moment of patience and strength ...

My friend you are strong.

Jo said...

we are only human.. how can we not feel and be affected?

But the thing is to be strong, and gracious. Let go and move on. *hugs*