Fried it, scrumptious!
Sunny-side up, appealing.
Scrambled it, delightful!
Cooked-in-the shell, yummy!
Half-boil or soft-boiled it, it’s almost heavenly!
Poached it, mellow!
Baked it, divine!
With sauce and dressing, heavenly!
This would be the "last time" I am going to say this until my doctor says "yes" to my "several-eggs-a-week" eating habit!
I went back for my eye check yesterday. This time I brought along my last blood check. My eye doctor is very, very thorough. She is not only interested in my eyes, she is equally concerned on my general well-being. The last trip I went, she discovered a mis-match between my eye ball pressure and my body blood pressure. The eye ball pressure though within the normal range is far too high when compared to my low blood pressure. So, she decided that I should bring down my eye ball pressure. And it shows much improvement after a month!
"Ah, you say your cholesterol is ok, yes, it's within the normal, but do you think you can bring it further down? It will be good for you."
Yes, yes, yes, just take out the eggs. That seems to be the only high cholesterol food I have not given up!
There is something I can boast about - when I set my mind on it, I won't give up easily!
So, for a long time, it will be no-egg day!
But no, my son is making egg sandwiches, porridge and tuna sandwiches in the kitchen with his friends as one of the school projects! I don't have a card reader with me today, thus not able to put in some pictures! Yes, I am home!
I am not tempted - I still have the tuna and the porridge.
I went back for my eye check yesterday. This time I brought along my last blood check. My eye doctor is very, very thorough. She is not only interested in my eyes, she is equally concerned on my general well-being. The last trip I went, she discovered a mis-match between my eye ball pressure and my body blood pressure. The eye ball pressure though within the normal range is far too high when compared to my low blood pressure. So, she decided that I should bring down my eye ball pressure. And it shows much improvement after a month!
"Ah, you say your cholesterol is ok, yes, it's within the normal, but do you think you can bring it further down? It will be good for you."
Yes, yes, yes, just take out the eggs. That seems to be the only high cholesterol food I have not given up!
There is something I can boast about - when I set my mind on it, I won't give up easily!
So, for a long time, it will be no-egg day!
But no, my son is making egg sandwiches, porridge and tuna sandwiches in the kitchen with his friends as one of the school projects! I don't have a card reader with me today, thus not able to put in some pictures! Yes, I am home!
I am not tempted - I still have the tuna and the porridge.
9 comments:
你的医生有没有告诉你:“你不要吃蛋黄,就没有那么高胆固醇!”
不过,我喜欢吃蛋黄!真槽糕!
I know how much you love eggs. I still remember all those pics of hard boiled eggs with the food you cooked in the wonder rice cooker.
But, if it's gonna help with the eye pressure, then it's worth giving up for a while. I don't think it'll be a problem for you, cos' you have more will-power than any other person I've known. :)
I love eggs...and I will not give them up! Maybe reduce the number - two a week or something like that! Take herbal treatments to lower cholesterol...e.g. those red leaves they sell at the market...
Zhang Zhu, But, eggs without the egg yolk is no egg! I just love the yolk!
JoMel,
Thanks for the comfort, you always give very encouraging and comforting words - well, that's JoMel!
Yes, I am quite a determined woman when I set my mind on it. I had just passed by many eggs yesterday without even being tempted!
suatuapui,
Yes, the doc said you can take three a week (more than your suggested two). My last blood test was a result of two-a-day for a whole month! Crazy, I know. But, besides loving eggs, I could not turn down a gentle offer from the egg boy at the counter! You know I had my consultant from UK with me for a month. We went to the gym every morning, after the gym, we had breakfast at his hotel. The hotel provided breakfast for two.
The moment I stepped in the cafe, the egg counter boy gave me two eggs which he specially reserved for me! (If not, we have to line up for eggs.)
So, that was it. Of course, the reading was not too bad to alarm me.
I know it is not easy to lower the cholesterol but I am sure with your determination, you sure can do it!
By the way, I agree with you that egg with no yolk is not an egg!
Superman,
I mused myself that I have paid my doctor to advise me what I should do, if I don't follow, I am wasting my time and money! So, it's ok with me to give up eggs!
i love eggs too but when i learnt that ordinary fat hens lay eggs by giving much hormones and injections by poultry farmers, i give up most times on eggs...
hens r sort like eggs machines..nowadays.. :)
Post a Comment