Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The colours of Mukah

I have been travelling quite extensively to many parts of this beautiful land, Sarawak. I seldom have such a nice and relaxing time like the past two days. I started the journey to Mukah at 3 am on Tuesday morning. Ah Lung, the newspaper delivery pick-up driver picked me up. More than half of the journey was on bumpy road, or the result of what Chris described as "crappy job and take forever to finish".

Surprisingly, I stood through the test. Ah Lung said I was great to have propelled through the "rough seas" with no sign of "sea-sickness". Thanks to recent efforts in being very conscious about health.

I could even begin work immediately after a change to the working attire. By 5 pm, I have finished my work.

My colleague in Mukah was kind enough to bring us to Oya and had dinner by the sea! Food was good and cheap. The place brought a lot of memories of childhood days in the village!

Here is a collage of pictures taken at the place where we had dinner and through my lens - the colours of Mukah in the midst of my work and leisure. Enjoy the pictures!

I am back home after another test through the "rough sea", fully re-charged! Thanks to a good friend who called just before we started our journey back home and prayed for journey mercies over the phone.

Mukah, I would be back soon and would be back often as I set up an office there!

14 comments:

James TC Wong said...

So serene... so clean and unpolluted...

湘绣蜻蜓 said...

Scenery is very nice.

Anonymous said...

Are the people dressed up in traditional costumes to welcome you? Haiya,road construction projects always being delayed...look at what they do to the stretch of road near the Sibu Airport. BP should find out for its readers.

Yan said...

James,

Yes, it is. I should be back very very soon. The next trip, I hope to explore more!

Yan said...

湘绣蜻蜓

It's peaceful, too.

Yan said...

rubberseeds,

Ha, ha, you did not notice the First Lady there? They were to welcome her. But, I count myself more privileged, because the sweet girls posed for me to take photographs!

BP has reported on that stretch of road many times. So much so that the politicians think we have no other news to write. But, I do observed that we are all being immunized towards the "crappy jobs"!

bp said...

Yay! Work n play... that's how it should be =)! Love how you've captured the colours, and life of the Mukahs.

Yan said...

bp,

I could not have "played" if there is means of getting back home after work. Ha, ha.

Or probably, if there are shopping centres around, I would go shopping!

Or if the hotel (ok, just an inn) is a little more comfortable, I would just stay and read my book.

Or even if there is internet connection, I would be just clicking my night away.

It's "back to basic" - and I have really enjoyed it. Yay!

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi Yan
Thanks for coming by my blog with your encouraging words. I am unable to continue my blog for now, tho I am yearning to.
I love those pics. Thanks for sharing.

I Am Sarawakiana said...

nice pictures of girls and I hope they all grow up to help reduce the poverty of the people of Sarawak. Women tend to be more senstive to the needs of people,e.g. lack of drinking water, lack of comfort lack of jobs for the men......

And when bad times hit us the first to suffer are children and women.

bp said...

Dear Yan,
Thanks so much for coming by, for your well-wishes, and always with your words of encouragement and wisdom!

Been only "stealing" minutes here and there to email/ drop a line. I hope all's well with you.

Meanwhile, you have a fruitful Singapore trip and pray for your journey's mercies... oh, and yeah, eat "until you burst"... I especially miss the pepper crabs! ;p

Bengbeng said...

brings back many memories

bp said...

Hi Yan,
Just popping in to see how you are. How'd the trip to S'pore go? Did you get to do some shopping, besides eating yummy food? ;p

Have a great rest of the week now... God bless!

Yan said...

bp,

Thank you for "dropping" by! Yes, it was a good trip to SingLand - doing business, and still have time for friends! I bagged much back - good memories and even a box of cherries from a good friend, two bottles of kaya, and some nice nice bread from the bakeries!

A little busy with the 40 Days of Purpose. Preaching two sermons to the youth groups (imagine?), leading two discussion groups, doing bulletin inserts every week... Will be blogging more at http://wmc40dop.wordpress.com - probably until the 40 days are over?

Take care.

Hugz...