
My journey of 40 Days of Purpose began as I travelled to SingLand on Sunday. When I arrived, I texted a good friend. He replied, "What are you doing here?"
What a good question! It's not only what I am doing in SingLand. It's about my purpose of life.
James Dobson has a story about playing Monopoly with his family. He was very much absorbed and was determined to win the game. He bought property, collected rent, passing GO and collected his two hundred dollars. His sense of purpose was to build his empire and to run his opponents into bankruptcy. Indeed, he won. But James Dobson shared that as he folded up the playing board, he was struck by the emptiness of his victory! He was struck by the purposelessness of his victory!
James Dobson shared that unless things are done with a view of eternity, there are all temporary and minor as a Monopoly game.
Looking for a purpose? Where to start? Where to look? What is the purpose of life? What are you here for?
Rick Warren said "It all starts with God". What a great starting place to begin our journey of 40 days of purpose in preparation for an eternity of dwelling in His presence!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.- Jeremiah 29:11
I shall be posting my thoughts on my 40 Days of Purpose of Journey of a Purpose Driven Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment