We sang "Doxology" before the blowing of candles and cutting of cake! Saw Chan (right) and Yah Hua (middle) are July ladies, while yours truly has an anniversary joy!
We also need friends to help us navigate our marriage rocky bumps! I do need that at times.
So, it is natural that we also share anniversary joy with friends. The meetings of national EXCO members of Girls' Brigade Malaysia are more than a formal meeting discussing business or GB matters. It encompasses singing, praying, teaching of God's Words and eating together. And sometimes, celebrations - such as this one! Yah Hua and Saw Chan are celebrating their birthdays in July. And I announced I had a wedding anniversary to celebrate. Well, 22 years, only three more years to Silver Jubilee - it's something BIG to announce, right?
I think a "Doxology" for an anniversary celebration with fellow travellers, imperfect but important, on the highway to heaven, by singing Doxology is really blessed!
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.
And there's more - a firework hand-claps! It was a bonus!
7 comments:
That's a nice one to learn - the fireworks clap! My sons invented a Sealion clap ... so hilarious one!
xD
Happy 22 years anniversary Yan!!! Do something special! :)
Happy anniversary to you and your husband, Yan! And dunno if you caught my response earlier (thanks for coming by despite your busy schedule =))... way to go, you guys, scaling mountains and stairs!
And here's to so many many more great years together, and being the blessing you are individually and as a couple!!!
James,
That's the second purpose - fellowship. We have a lot of in GB, Girls' Brigade!
But, tell you a secret, I do not how to clap, even the simpliest one!
JoMel,
Probably, for the 25th Anniversary? Need to consult you, sweet lady, to do something special. But waive the consultation fee. Deal?
bp,
Yes, got your anniversary wishes earlier, in your blog? Thank you - you are always thoughtful.
hahah.. now why would I charge you any fee for something so trivial?
You don't have to wait for the 25th year. I take every chance I have to celebrate with David. Every Sat evening when the kids are away in their art class, we go have a special dinner, be it in our favourite Japanese restaurant, or having crabs followed by durian in a seafood area, or a nice western meal followed by scouting around for some recently released dvds. Those are all special moments yes? ;)
Post a Comment