Friday, April 10, 2009

It is Finished

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar,
he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head,
and gave up the spirit. (John 19:30)

It is finished -
the cry of consummation
the cry of victory
the cry of completion

I remember many years back, a preacher asked in a Good Friday Service -

Will you stand with me once more before that Cross, and in that deep darkness when God hid His face, and blackness enveloped the earth hear Him cry with a strength of voice and power that made the earth to quake and the rocks to rend and the graves to open, “It is finished.”

Can you say with me, Yes, thank God, it is finished for me?

4 comments:

suituapui said...

Wanna share this video and song with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u7SSuvmt0I

Very touching and meaningful lyrics.

Lee said...

Hi Ya, when I face God at the end of my journey in life, I hope to say, "I used up all that what You gave me".

You have a pleasant weekend,Lee.

Yan said...

suituapi,

Thanks it's touching.

Yan said...

Lee,

Indeed, how insignificant we may be, He still can use us - only if we are willing and available.