Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Walk

Last Sunday, I took a walk in our forestry park. I had no problem as to where to go. The track was well marked. I knew where I was heading.

There were these three children walking in front of me. They drew much of my attention as the littlest of them insisting that his two brothers held his hands. I looked around, there were not a sign of their parents around. i thought it was quite unsafe. So, I started a conversation.

"Mummy is outside the park selling fruits."


So, they must be frequent travellers of this track. Just as I thought whether they would be completing the track which is one-hour walk, I heard them "discussing" that they should make a turn-back. As all agreed, they walked back, still hand-in-hand.

As I continued with my walk, thoughts ran through my mind. How do we walk?

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. - Ephesians 5:15-17

3 comments:

doc said...

therein lies the predicament - when the path divides, which do we take?

robert frost advised the path less travelled, as did william blake. & the scriptures confirmed that the one with a small gate & narrow path leads to Life. Matt 7:14

Anonymous said...

Their mother Madam Hii is also a marathon runner! The eldest of the 3 boys also took part in the recent marathon run at the Taman Jubli.

bp said...

The three boys are so sensible, taking care of themselves and the littlest one.

Thanks for the reminder to look before we leap, to walk in His ways not our own... another deep truth, but may God be our guide always!

Yan, how are you now? Been thinking of you, your shoulder and knee are better I pray, since you left me your sweet words in my last post.

You have a restful weekend now, my dear friend!