Saturday, August 23, 2008

Travelling Light


Getting Lighter? Yes, in many aspects.

My bag is getting lighter - because I have just changed my 1.4 kg Sony Vaio to Asus Eee PC. It's really 1 Kg, I weigh it!

My body is getting lighter - with determination and discipline for the past three months, I have successfully said goodbye to some 6 amazing kg! Target? 4 more to go.

I have a painful left shoulder for quite a while. It's less mobile. It does not rotate as how I want to. It does not lift up as I wish. Highly depending on a PC to work, I could not leave home without my notebook. The Sony Vaio is considered light. But, when you have a painful shoulder, and you carry the bag on the left shoulder, even a 100g means a burden. The Asus Eee helps me to travel lighter by 400g. Every gramme counts.

I have a painful left knee and an injured right knee. Every gramme counts too for my knee. The 6Kg means more than something!

Tomorrow our church will end the 40 Days of Purpose Campaign with a Celebration Party. Having travelled with 16 of my cell group members for the past 40 days in a spiritual journey, I have also unloaded much of my unnecessary luggages that I have been carrying around! I feel much, much lighter!

It's really good to travel light!

Max Lucado in his book “Travelling Light” suggests – For the sake of those you love, travel light. For the sake of the God you serve, travel light. For the sake of your own joy, travel light.

Here are some of the luggages that bogged us down.... Suitcase of guilt. Duffle bag of weariness. Hanging bag of grief. Carry-on bag of loneliness. The trunk of fear. Briefcase of perfectionism.

Let go, and travel light! Onward to Day 41 of His Purpose in my life - a much lighter person.

I really have every reason to celebrate, yeah?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.

Anonymous said...

To the author of this blog,I appreciate your effort in this topic.

just me said...

Lighter,



....because spending time with HIm first thing makes facing the day's task so much easier!

James TC Wong said...

No wonder I see a slimmer you in the pics! 2 thumbs up! Jiayu! xD

bp said...

Dunno why Blogger wouldn't let me post this... just want to say, give yourself a pat, a big one, for all your efforts in the 40 Day campaign! I'm sure many have been blessed, and many more will be, as a result of the hard work put in by you and your team and every one who've put their best foot forward to share God's goodness through this project!

Travelling light is what I'm trying to do, with things that weigh me down. Thanks for summing up what it is really about -- and so nicely put! -- in this post!

Enjoy the new week now, Yan!