Monday, August 4, 2008

The Goal?

Chris turned 13 on 1st August. We were having a drink at a shopping centre yesterday.

He said, "I am now a teenager. Yay! Soon to be fourteen."

I said, "It was only yesterday that you turned 13."

"No, mum, it was two days ago. Day before yesterday."

That's the eagerness to grow up!

I have been thinking the third purpose of my life: discipleship - you were created to become like Christ. Suddenly, it clicked! As God is working in me, as He is the energizer for change in my life, do I have the same kind of eagerness for maturity for Christ? Am I on the way? Am I progressing well towards growth? Am I choosing growing towards maturity as my goal?

The choice is really mine!

7 comments:

Jo said...

happy belated birthday to Chris!!

Kelly is an August baby too. She was impatient else she would have been a "national day baby!"

Well, I remembered going through that "can't wait to grow up faster" phase. In fact, I still am going through that phase now, esp since I am in a profession where people judge you based on your years of experience.

bp said...

Happy belated birthday to Chris! Hehe, my boys from their younger age are already always telling me they can't wait to grow up!

stay-at-home mum said...

Funny isnt it? kids cant wait to grow up and be older. But once you reach a certain magical number, many dont want to be known to be older than that number.

JOEPSC said...

A belated happy birthday to Chris!

Ageing seems faster and merciless in latter years of life... hopefully graciousness and joy will flow from true inner peace!

doc said...

hmm...can't wait to grow up, huh? maybe he doesn't like to be treated as a child. maybe he doesn't know the best times in a person's life is the growing up phase?

belated birthday blessings, Chris!

bp said...

Hi Yan,
Thanks for checking in on me, always warms my heart knowing you care. It's also been awhile since your last update, and I trust all's well on your end! Have a blessed week now, my friend!

Bengbeng said...

very belated birthday to Chris. Yan, we were doing the lesson on the good Samaritan. sad to say, if i were the good samaritan, i wouldnt do what he did. there is so much fear of involvement