Frank Burgess, the American humorist, told the truth when he said,
"Our bodies are apt to be our autobiographies."
I confess, a year ago health was never my concern. I thought - I did not eat excessively. I exercised whenever I could. I slept early. I woke up early - were this lifestyle not a healthy one? And if I still did not have good health, it must be genetic. And there was really nothing I could do.
I am tall. I could hide my fat quite well. Friends, being kind, said, you have big bones, not fat.
Health was like that ordinary student in school who often did not get notice.
I was wrong. I know I was grossly overweight. I felt tired most of the time. I did not want to move, besides, the routines that I needed to do.
Then came that fateful day in March, my body lost its cool and screamed for my attention. Read here.
Thank God, it gets it!
Almost nine months down the road, my blood pressure is a stabilized 100/70. I happily let go of 10kg load from my body. I exercise - rain or shine. I eat wisely.
I may write nice health reports. But, I am not a doctor who speaks with authority. Probably, a shared wisdom?
Quote Charles Swindoll,
Three questions: How are we to glorify God? Where is the temple of the Holy Spirit? What is to be presented to the Lord as a living sacrifice?
One Answer: The body. Let's not think that loud prayers and lengthy Bible Studies and lovely church services will cause God to smile at lousy health habits.
So, friends, keep our balance.
Wishing one and all - Happy and Healthy New Year.
12 comments:
I broke every rule in the book...but God has been merciful and kind. Praise the Lord! I pray that He will continue to bless me with good health, the rest of the family...all my friends...and everybody throughout the coming year!
Keep up the good work. For nothing matters more than a healthy body to keep a mighty mind going.
Here's wishing you good health and God's blessings in the new year!
I saw the bloggers meet pics...aiya u look as young as Victor ;)
Happy new year
suituapui,
Keep looking up for His Grace. His grace is sufficient for us!
God's blessings in abundance to you and your family and friends.
iml,
Well said. One of the greatest mistake we can make is to sacrifice health for any other advantage.
A toast to good health to you and loved one.
SAHM,
To you and your family - a toast proposed for good health too. May God's blessings be abundant!
Bengbeng,
We missed you there! Then, Victor would probably would not be so proud that he is the youngest. And suituapui won't say that Victor's age x 2 is still smaller than the age of any one of us there!
God's blessings be abundance in your family for the coming year.
Hi Yan, drink lots of Chinese Green tea, have lots of laughter, see the world with one raised eyebrow and live your life with no excuses, love with no regrets.
Have a happy New Year and the best of Seasons greetings to you and family. Lee.
my health takes a holiday whenever i'm in Penang. ;)
even the hike up Penang Hill will not burn off those extra calories.
Uncle Lee,
Thank you for the shared wisdom!
A toast to a happy, healthy, living life to the full with no regret year!
doc,
My health takes no holiday now, I shall make every effort - a walk, a cross-train - they all turn into satisfaction and joy!
May God's blessings be in abundance for you and family.
Post a Comment