I was in a queue for lunch pack to bring to the office. The pregnant woman stood next to me said,
“You smell good. Just have a shower? What shower gel or shampoo are you using?”
I was quite amazed with such compliment. Just before I said something, she continued,
“You know it’s steaming hot. A pregnant woman’s nose is the sharpest.”
Why was I amazed?
I was on 2 Corinthians Chapter 2 this morning in my quiet time. 2 Corinthians Chapter 2 reading from verse 14 says,
“But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one who are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.”
I started a column recently. I was on "time for healing - the Bible issue". A reader wrote in, among other hated words, he wrote. you stint!
I was defeated emotionally.
But, a kind soul said, “You smell good.”
Why should I not be amazed by how the Lord speaks?
My mother smelled good. She was always clean and fresh. During my days in Singapore with her, (those were the days that I didn’t work, I could have all the time in the world) when I woke up in the morning, she had her morning walk and morning shower. And she was always reading her Bible. It was always that fresh smell that greeted me every morning. I decided that I must “smell” like my mother – spreading a fragrance wherever I go.
The remarks of this woman made me think – whether we are conscious of it or not, we are spreading a fragrance wherever we go. The life of Jesus Christ spreads through us everywhere we go. We take in his life and love. We should be putting on His bath gel, shampoo and lotion after a shower.
We shall then smell good for His sake.
I really do not need to worry when I smell bad to someone.
It can be a good sign that you smell bad while you are smelling good!
P/S I always remember these words of Francis Yeoh, CEO YTL -
I thank my Lord Jesus for perfuming YTL’s name once again and I give Him all the glory for this honour.
That was said when Francis Yeoh was being awarded with Malaysia CEO many years ago.
A name being perfumed with the fragance of Lord Jesus Himself, what more can we ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment