Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am sailing



This picture means much to me today. I have not been feeling well since last week. Today it's a "full-blown fever" - feverish, sore throat, cough, body ache .... feeling miserable, especially that I am alone here in Sabah. My good friend teased me that - finally Kuching is better than Kota Kinabalu.

Prior to my trip here, I had two gatherings with my brothers and sisters and their families in Kuching and shared with this good friend that I felt so warm.

This good friend always says, "It's about the people in the place where you stay."

What wisdom!

I also learnt this lesson -

God enabled us to sail through all winds of the storm… Winds that bring sickness, tragedy, failure, disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down; It is how we handle them.

How to handle? Finally, I walked into a clinic opposite my office!

7 comments:

bp said...

You have a good rest, Yan, take care and get well quick, and may this be a smoothsailing, God-blessed week!

stay-at-home mum said...

get well soon!!

suituapui said...

Oh dear! Hope you get well soon. Don't work too hard...; "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak..."

Bengbeng said...

slow down a little, please..u r moving too fast

iml said...

Take care. See a GP to get the necessary medication. Speaking from experience, mothers make very bad patients. There is a flu bug going around.

Ensurai said...

Oh Dear...hope you get well soon...but make sure you have lots of rest and fluids...God bless.

Jo said...

how are you feeling now? Better I hope.. When you are more energized, cook some chicken soup - good for the body, good for the soul. Rest well and take care ya..