I finally got hold of the GPS that came complimentary to the new car.
I have spent some time looking at how it works. And honestly, no clue yet. I am technically-challenged.
I have been driving in Kuching for some weeks, but counting the days I went travelling, probably, I have driven only the car less than ten times - from home to office and office to home. Yesterday, I was a little adventurous, I drove to a bakery shop - man does live on bread anyway!
I read this story in the Guidepost website this morning. Well, probably, I need divine GPS more than anything else!
I have spent some time looking at how it works. And honestly, no clue yet. I am technically-challenged.
I have been driving in Kuching for some weeks, but counting the days I went travelling, probably, I have driven only the car less than ten times - from home to office and office to home. Yesterday, I was a little adventurous, I drove to a bakery shop - man does live on bread anyway!
I read this story in the Guidepost website this morning. Well, probably, I need divine GPS more than anything else!
I hung up the phone, grabbed my keys, and rushed out the door. My daughter, Betsy, had just invited me to my grandson's basketball game—and it was starting soon.
A few minutes into the drive I realized I'd forgotten my cell phone. I don't need it anyway, I thought. I didn't want to turn back and waste time. Besides, I knew where I was going. I could still hear Betsy's voice: "Turn left on Range Road. The school is right next to the church."
But soon it was pitch dark, and none of the streets looked familiar. Lord, I don't have my phone to call for directions, so I'm going to need your help, I prayed.
Just then, I saw it: Range Road. I turned left. Only there was no church. No school.
At the next stoplight, a car pulled next to me. I rolled down my window. "Do you know where Marysville Middle School is?" I asked the woman.
"Are you going to the basketball game too?" she asked.
"Yes," I answered, shocked she was going to the same place.
"Follow me," she said.
Soon we pulled into the school's parking lot. On our way inside, the woman told me she'd had other plans, but changed her mind and decided to go to the school for her cousin's basketball game.
"I'm glad you did," I said, and thanked her for showing me the way.
Inside, I sat next to Betsy. She looked relieved. "You know, Mom, after you left I called your cell phone because I realized I'd given you the wrong directions. The school isn't on Range Road, it's on Michigan."
The school may not have been on Range Road, but an angel sure was.
3 comments:
i'm in the same position, but the garmin is actually quite easy to navigate. now, i use it all the time when i'm travelling out, even though i know the route, just to test it out!
you know what - it works!
God works in mysterious ways...
God sends us angels unaware.
Post a Comment