Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Pink City

I googled on Toulouse - and I am beginning to like the city!

It was quite unexpected - a free trip (working trip too) to Toulouse, a city in south of France on the first week of April!

I googled for some information, and I think I begin to like the city! Is this description enough to look forward to a break?

Known as “la ville rose”, or the pink city, for its ancient brick buildings which glow warmly in the sunset, Toulouse is a charming city in the south-west of France. It is the fourth largest in the country, home to the national aeronautics industry, a huge university campus and a booming high-tech industry, yet it is hardly a sprawling metropolis. The downtown area between the Garonne river and the Canal du Midi, where most historic sites are concentrated, is particularly pedestrian-friendly. With a history dating back to the Romans and earlier, a vibrant musical culture and a rich gastronomy, there is something for everyone.

10 comments:

Ensurai said...

Lucky you!!

Wish I could visit France too!!

suituapui said...

Ooo...so nice! *green with envy! Have fun there!!! Make sure you can pronounce the name...and all other French names! Speak like got lots of saliva in the mouth. Hahahaha!!!

doc said...

bon voyage!

stay-at-home mum said...

cant wait to see your photos after your visit!!

Yan said...

sarawakiana,

Drop the idea of a stopover at London after googling Toulouse. I think I will just settle with this city only. London or Paris - another time!

Yan said...

suituapui,

Yes, learning! Toulouse is pronounced as "too-loose" - something like that! Ha, ha!

Yan said...

doc,

Thanks!

Yan said...

SAHM,

Yes, camera ready!

fishtail said...

Wah, *envy envy*! You need somebody to carry your bag?

Yan said...

fishtail,

No, thank you, I travel light!

Other VIPs may need one - can enquire :)