Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cluttered mind

Image credit: Time Inc.

Results of 10 days in Kota Kinabalu - a cluttered desk in Kuching!

"If a Cluttered Desk is a Sign of a Cluttered Mind, What's an Empty Desk a Sign Of?" -Albert Einstein

My consultant said, an empty desk means a clear mind! I am also consoled by this quote from another clever mind today -

“Mess is complete, in that it embraces all sorts of random elements. Mess tells a story: you can learn a lot about people from their detritus, whereas neat—well, neat is a closed book. Neat has no narrative and no personality.”

Way to go, Yan!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Shucks! My desk is empty and when it's not, it's so very neat!! Awww.. I need to clutter more, and pile more things onto the desk! Like Yan! :D

stay-at-home mum said...

yippee!! My desk is always cluttered.

Ensurai said...

Neat has no narrative and no personality...that's so new to me!

Superman said...

Your desk is messy means you are very capable and many things need you to handle. If the desk is always clear, that's mean you are out of work. :)

bp said...

hahaha, i feel so comforted by this post... 'coz my kitchen countertop from where I type this, cook, watch the kids and hound 'em to do their homework is really messy at all times, anything but neat!!!

yenjai.net said...

This is yenjai from your Facebook :P

Lee said...

Hi Yan, I believe a cluttered desk is either inefficiency, or too much work, ha ha.
I used to clear my table within half hour leaving only my iced coffee, ashtray, 3 pens and several pencils. Nothing else....
Oh ya, those days no emails....and I hated reports.

Have a nice day, Lee.