This comes a little early. But, as I settle down today in a new place and with busy schedule ahead, I think I may have to wish you all a "Blessed New Year" today - or I may miss it totally!
Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. – Deut 17:16
These are instructions to Israel by Moses. They had been led out of Egypt by a strong arm. Moses warned them they shall never return again that way.
Using this as a seasonal application, at this point of the year when the year is closing and be sealed and we cannot go back, I seem to hear God saying to me, ‘Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.’
Sr. Helmut Theilicke says we think differently on New Year’s Eve than at any other time, for then we see time as it really is — not as a clock with a round face where the hands come back to the same point again and again, but as a flowing river which passes a single point and never returns.
There are joys and sorrows. There are births and deaths. There are assurances and also disappointments. There are triumphs and also failures. There are rejoicing of what has been done, regrets of what has not been done. There are mistakes and sins that can’t be undo…
Before me stretches a new year. I have never been to this place in time or in my lives before. I feel the challenge of the unknown, of the unexplored, of the year ahead of me yet to be discovered. I feel a bit of excitement, a bit of fear, a feeling of weakness …..
But, I have a Guide who knows the way and has planned it all ahead of me. I want to rest on His promises -
‘Lo, I am with you always.’ – Matt 28:20
We have not passed this way before, but He knows the way. Only follow! Let Him guide, He will be with us always, and it will indeed be a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Ye shall henceforth return no more that way. – Deut 17:16
These are instructions to Israel by Moses. They had been led out of Egypt by a strong arm. Moses warned them they shall never return again that way.
Using this as a seasonal application, at this point of the year when the year is closing and be sealed and we cannot go back, I seem to hear God saying to me, ‘Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.’
Sr. Helmut Theilicke says we think differently on New Year’s Eve than at any other time, for then we see time as it really is — not as a clock with a round face where the hands come back to the same point again and again, but as a flowing river which passes a single point and never returns.
There are joys and sorrows. There are births and deaths. There are assurances and also disappointments. There are triumphs and also failures. There are rejoicing of what has been done, regrets of what has not been done. There are mistakes and sins that can’t be undo…
Before me stretches a new year. I have never been to this place in time or in my lives before. I feel the challenge of the unknown, of the unexplored, of the year ahead of me yet to be discovered. I feel a bit of excitement, a bit of fear, a feeling of weakness …..
But, I have a Guide who knows the way and has planned it all ahead of me. I want to rest on His promises -
‘Lo, I am with you always.’ – Matt 28:20
We have not passed this way before, but He knows the way. Only follow! Let Him guide, He will be with us always, and it will indeed be a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
15 comments:
And a Happy new year to you and yours too! May the new year bring you the surprises that you want, good cheer, love and God's bountiful blessings!! God Bless!
Happy New Year to you and your family too. May God bless us abundantly in the year ahead.
Hope you easily get use to the new place...and have a soft pillow to land each night.
Blessings for the new year!!
SAHM,
Those are very tall wishes! Thanks.
Blessings to you and your family in the new year.
STP,
God's blessings in abundance to you and family too!
Sarawakiana,
Checked into a service apartment yesterday - probably there for at least a week. A colleague asked, "How's the scenery outside? Are you facing Sarawak river?" Gosh, I haven't even pull the curtain and taken a look!
Still racing with time at this hour in the office. By the time I get back to my place - yes, I only want a soft pillow to land on!
Blessed new year to you and your family.
How's the proposed column for BP? In the making?
Hi Yan, here's wishing you and all at home the very best of seasons greetings. Stay young, stay beautiful and keep a song in your heart. Have a happy new year, Lee.
Yan, if you believe it will be a HAPPY NEW YEAR, then it will! :) Happy New Year to you! May you be blessed with health and happiness, and some kolo mee :)
Yan, may 2010 bring you blessings of good health and joy.
blessed new year!
looking forward to more inspiring sharings/musings from you!!
Lee, yes, will always keep a song in my heart!
Happy and healthy new year to you and yours.
JoMel,
More kolo mee will make me FAT! He...he..
May God continue to lead and guide you and yours in the new year and many many more years to come!
ilene,
Toasts to good health and happiness. Joyous new year to you and yours.
doc,
Sure, a new city, a new year, I am sure I have much to share - even borrowed thoughts!
Keep healthy and happy. May the Lord continue to guide you and lead you and yours in the new years.
you got me tickled with that flat belly AD.
thank you for the humor.
have an excellent evening.
http://en.wordpress.com/tag/jingle/
just in case you wonder where i live.
Post a Comment