Friday, April 23, 2010

It's all business!

The first batch of pictures is all about business. After all, it's a business trip courtesy of MASWings.


The first stop - Paris Airport - on transit to our destination, Toulouse. After 12 hours on the plane from Kuala Lumpur to Paris and another four hours (Yes, four!) for transfer, I still looked fresh!

And this is Toulouse Airport. That's much better, it was only one hour and a half from Paris to Toulouse!

ATR, the place where our ATR aircraft are manufactured

The journalists from Sabah, including a team from TV3.

Well I do not think I am an aircraft person, but another one!

We toured the training school. Being the only lady in the team, I was given the opportunity to try a real landing on a stimulator. The view is Toulouse airport. It was a successful landing! A real experience!


The official function - handing over of 10th ATR-72 aircraft to MASWings in Toulouse, France

In the brand new aircraft!

The media team with VIPs in front of the newest ATR aircraft
The 10th ATR which carries the 1Malaysia logo.

On our way from Toulouse to Carcassonne on the new aircraft the next day. One with Sabah's tourism minster, Datuk Masidi

And of course one with the host - MASWings' Managing Director, Dato Salleh

One with Christophe Potocki, General Manager, Sales ASEAN & PACIFIC of ATR

This is Carcassonne's airport

The charming CEO, Salleh who said,
MASwings strive to ensure Safety and Security of our flight operations
and customers as being the most important aspect of our business operation.

That ends the business part of it. More....


9 comments:

doc said...

presumably you flew business class????

bp said...

I love your smiles in every one of these pictures! Way to go, Yan, noticed you're the only female journalist :) Also what a way to fly, that simulator ride must have been quite cool.

Have a restful weekend, hopefully minimum business, I'm thinking of you. HUGS and God bless, my dear!

ilene said...

Wah...cool!! Going to Paris, having a hand at the simulator!! First class treatment all the way, presumably!! Who could ask for more!! Envious! :)

suituapui said...

You did not fly in that ATR aircraft from KL to France and back, did you?

I read in Superman's blog - he was complaining about boarding at the back...and while getting on board, the hot air from the exhaust or whatever blew onto his face...and he almost got roasted. I think he emailed a complaint to the airline - dunno if they bothered to reply or not.

Ensurai said...

Lovely business trip indeed!!

CH Voon said...

cool! i want to experience to drive the plane as well :)

Jo said...

Wow.. that's really quite an eye-opener, and what a great experience it must have been for you too! Especially the flight simulation .. don't play play, now Yan can land a plane! :D Looking forward to part 2. :)

fishtail said...

For a moment, I thought the person in the last pic was Barack Obama!

Superman said...

Enjoyed your trip there? You visited their manufacturing plant. Wow! That's really nice and rare experience. Not easy to visit this type of manufacturing plant. So lucky.
Nice photos in Toulouse. Now I know who is the charming MD. Can't wait to see more photos from Toulouse.