Monday, January 11, 2010

Still on forgiveness

This time it's breakfast's indigestion. Today, the apology read this way -

Apology notice
I, xxx wish to apologize to my wife, xxx for being unfaithful to her on my act. I deeply regret for what I had done and ask for forgiveness from my wife. I hope she will accept my apology.

The person offering apology: xxx
The person being apologized to: xxx
Date: xxx

In my earlier post, I have doubted whether the wife had forgiven him.

Forgiveness should be offered before even a single syllable of apology is uttered! What is the basis for forgiving others?

Because we have been forgiven!

Jesus likes to tell stories. So, he tells another story.

A certain man was forgiven of a huge debt. After his huge debt was written off, that men went to another man who owed him a paltry sum. He grabbed him by the throat, and demand him, "Pay back what you owe me!"

Jesus says that we are no different from this man if we do not forgive those who offend us. We have been forgiven a huge debt, and on that basis we are to forgive others!

It's a huge project to work on! The offender must repent. And the person offended must stop justifying. It all begins from the heart!

Will there be a happy ending to the "apology notice"? Let's pray they live happily ever after!

But, I like our story today, being reported this way - Priest downplays church window smashing incident.

A church and a mosque standing next to each other.
Quote -
“We have been able to understand and tolerate each other. This church, for example, has a mosque just next to it. We have been neighbours for a long time with no negative feelings but respect and brotherhood,” said Fr Donald referring to An-Naim Mosque which stands just on the next lot.

8 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I guess forgiving is difficult becoz there is a lot of pride involved.

Superman said...

forgiving need to depend on the person that you are forgiving is worth it or not and do the person really realized the wrong from my opinion.

Ensurai said...

One of the hardest thing for man to do is forgive. And yet love conquers all. If religion is based on love forgiveness is easy.

My favourite story on forgiveness besides the Biblical ones is The Bishop's Candlesticks.

Turn the other cheek and walk the second mile...these are acts we need to follow in times of chaos...and sometimes we have too little time to get a second chance to do good . when God calls us ...we might have not done one good single act!!

William said...

Asking for forgiveness by publishing in the newspaper doesn't make sense. Beside, they are husband and wife relationship. I also think that she will not forgive him.
Jesus die on the cross to show his love and forgiveness of our sin. If one cannot forgive, Jesus will say that there is no place in heaven for such person. So, forgive irrespective of situation because this is His character.

bp said...

i like how the priest put it, and respect and brotherhood as are love and forgiveness are all part of trying to be the good n'bour. tho' often so much easier said than done.

chris federick said...

heya, dropping by. Nice blog u hv here.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I dream the brief should have more info then it has.